Viewing the News Feed
The status updates in your Facebook news feed are displayed more or less in reverse chronological order. This means that the most recent updates are at the top and the older ones are at the bottom—with the notable exception that Top Stories appear before Recent Stories. To view even older updates, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Older Posts button.
- Click News Feed in the navigation column on the left to display the news feed.
- By default, Facebook displays your Top Stories first. To instead display the Most Recent stories first, click the Sort link at the top of the news feed and select Most Recent from the pop-up menu.
- If the post contains a photograph, click the photo to display it in a larger viewing window (called the lightbox).
- Click the X (or press the Esc key on your keyboard) to close the lightbox and return to your news feed.
- If the post contains a video, click the video thumbnail to begin playback within the news feed.
- If the post contains a link to another web page, click the link to open that page in a new tab in your web browser.