Setting Up Your 3G/4G Connection
If you have an iPad with 3G/4G capabilities, you can set it up to use AT&T, Verizon, or any other compatible network. You can purchase a monthly data plan or purchase service in shorter increments.
- Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Tap Cellular Data on the left.
- Turn on Cellular Data. In addition, if you have a 3rd generation iPad, turn on Enable LTE for the faster 4G connection.
- Tap View Account.
- Next, you are prompted to create an account with a service. The service will be either AT&T or Verizon in the U.S., depending on which iPad model you own. You’ll need to enter all your basic information and specify an email address for your account and a password.
- Choose a data plan.
- Enter your credit card information. When you are done, you have to approve the service agreement and confirm your purchase. Still, it beats going to the mall and dealing with a salesperson at a mobile phone store, right?
- Tap OK. It may take a few more minutes for your 4G service to activate.
- After establishing 4G service you can view your usage and renew your plan at any time by following steps 1, 2, and 4 again. Then you can see your play details and status. Tap Add Data or Change Plan to renew or increase your data plan.