- What Can You Do About Spyware?
- Celebrity Malware
- Help You Just Don't Need
- Wi-Fi: A Convenience to Worry About
- E-Mail Dangers
- Bad Apples
- Typos Can Be Dangerous
- You Can Bank on This Being a Scam
- A Few Ounces of Protection-Protecting Yourself Online from Identity Theft
- A Pound of Cure-What to Do If You Are a Victim of Identity Theft
Typos Can Be Dangerous
Typographical errors are common, but they also can be dangerous. This is because identity thieves have registered the domain names of common misspellings of popular Web sites, such as Walmart or Apple, in an effort to lure you to their own Web sites. These sites look like the Web sites of the legitimate companies you are seeking, but unfortunately they trick you into providing personal information that can be used to make you a victim of identity theft or prompt you into downloading dangerous keystroke-logging malware that can steal your personal information from your computer.