- Consumer Sentinel Network
- The President's Identity Theft Task Force
- FTC Survey
- 2012 Javelin Strategy & Research Report
- Immigration Fraud
- It Can Happen to Anyone
- A Big Problem
- Terrorism and Identity Theft
- What Do Identity Thieves Do?
- Phishing-Go Phish
- Who Do You Trust?
- How Do You Know That You Have Been a Victim of Phishing?
- What You Can Do to Prevent Identity Theft
It is common for illegal immigrants to buy Social Security numbers of identity theft victims on the black market in order to get a job. Victims of this type of identity theft might find themselves mistakenly identified as an illegal alien or have their own government benefits, such as Social Security benefits, compromised.