- EFS and File Recovery
- Use NTBACKUP to Transport Encrypted Files
- Import the DRA Private Key
- Reset Encryption Flag or Copy Contents to New File
You should have several secure copies of the certificate containing the DRA private file recovery key. You can import the file recovery key to a different computer than the one you exported it from. You must log on using the DRA account that owns the certificate.
Import the key to the recovery computer as follows:
- Copy the FR certificate to the computer where you want to recover a file.
- Open Explorer and locate the FR certificate.
- Double-click the certificate icon. The Import Certificate Wizard appears.
- Follow the instructions to import the key. You will need the password that you entered when you exported the key.