Home & Office Computing
Mac OS X
- By John Ray and William Ray
- Jul 31, 2012
This chapter is from the book
- Q. I really hate editing files in a huge window. Can I break out into just a single window per file?
- A. Yes. Just double-click the file in the Navigator to open a new window with all features disabled except the Source Editor. You can turn this into a single-click in the Xcode preferences if you prefer.
- Q. I’m confused. What is a symbol?
- A. Think of a symbol as anything you’ve named within your code. Typically, this means variables/properties—but it can also be method names, class names, and so on.
- Q. Xcode keeps autocompleting methods that I don’t want. What do I do?
- A. Unless you press Tab or the arrow keys, Xcode will not autocomplete at all. You can either just keep typing and enter the full name yourself, or you can disable autocompletion in the Text Editing area of the Xcode preferences.