- Selecting a Drawing Mode
- Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Using the Shape Builder Tool
- Creating Perspective Objects
- Working with Perspective Objects
- Customizing a Perspective Grid
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping Objects
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
Reflecting and Shearing Objects
The Reflect and Shear tools on the Tools panel allow you to be creative as you transform an object. The Reflect tool creates a mirror image of an object, while the Shear tool creates a slanted image of an object. To reflect or shear an object using exact values or percentages, open the Transform panel, which is available on the Control panel or Window menu.
Reflect or Shear an Object
Select the Selection tool on the Tools panel.
Select one or more objects to transform.
Select the Reflect or Shear tool on the Tools panel.
To move the reference point, click a new point.
Use the appropriate method:
- Reflect. Click to establish a reference point, and then click again to establish the axis of reflection.
- Shear. Drag away from the object.
To reflect or shear an object using exact values or percentages, select the Transform panel.