- Selecting a Drawing Mode
- Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Using the Shape Builder Tool
- Creating Perspective Objects
- Working with Perspective Objects
- Customizing a Perspective Grid
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping Objects
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
Using the Lasso Tool
Use the Lasso tool when you want to select shapes that are very close to shapes you don’t want to select. This tool allows you to draw around the shape, selecting everything contained within the drawn area. When you draw a selection, you can drag across a path to include it in the selection instead of dragging completely around it. This selection tool is useful when you are working with overlapping paths.
Select with the Lasso Tool
Click the Lasso tool on the Tools panel.
Draw around the shapes you want to select.
To complete the selection, return to the point where you started.