- Keep Your Trip Details Organized in One Place
- Take Advantage of an Interactive Travel Guide App
- Avoid Over-Spending on Purchases
- Communicate with the Locals
- Choose the Best Places to See, Dine, and Experience
- Dont Let Unexpected Bad Weather Ruin Your Trip
- Keep Track of What Time It Is
- Take and Share Photos of Your Trip
- Make International Calls
- Stay Entertained During Long Flights
Communicate with the Locals
If you’re traveling to a destination where English isn’t the native language, having a language translator app at your disposal can help you communicate easily with the locals. Some language translator apps have a built-in dictionary and allow you to enter a word or phrase in English, and will then display what you type in the language of your choice. Typically, these apps do not require access to the Internet to function.
Some language translator apps allow you to type complete sentences into the iPhone or iPad. The iOS device will then translate what you type into the language of your choice, and use a computer-generated voice to speak what you type in the foreign language. Likewise, some language translator apps allow you to speak into the app, translate what you say, and then display and speak the translation. These apps, however, typically require Internet access to function.