- Changing Your Wallpaper
- Getting Details About Your iPad
- Setting Alert Sounds
- Password Protecting Your iPad
- Setting Parental Restrictions
- Setting Side Switch Functionality
- Setting Your Date and Time
- Modifying Keyboard Settings
- Changing Safari Settings
- Changing Music Settings
- Notification Center Settings
- More Settings
Changing Safari Settings
We look at the Safari web browser in Chapter 7, “Surfing the Web,” but you can customize it right here in the Settings app.
Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Tap Safari from the list of settings on the left.
- Select which search engine to use. Google is the default, but you can also choose Yahoo! or Bing.
- Adjust your AutoFill settings for filling out forms on the web. Your iPad can pull from your contact info in the Contacts app or from data you previously filled in on the same or similar web pages. Set Names and Passwords to On to have Safari remember your username and passwords for some websites.
- Decide whether you want to immediately jump to a new tab, or stay on the current page when you open a new tab and let the tab open silently in the background.
- Choose whether to show the Bookmarks bar all the time or only when you have saved bookmarks in the bookmarks bar.
- Fraud Warning checks websites against a public database of websites to avoid. I recommend leaving this switch on. If you try to follow a link to one of these sites, you get a warning and a chance to change your mind before loading the page.