- Changing Your Wallpaper
- Getting Details About Your iPad
- Setting Alert Sounds
- Password Protecting Your iPad
- Setting Parental Restrictions
- Setting Side Switch Functionality
- Setting Your Date and Time
- Modifying Keyboard Settings
- Changing Safari Settings
- Changing Music Settings
- Notification Center Settings
- More Settings
Getting Details About Your iPad
One of the many things in the Settings app on the iPad is an About section, from which you can learn details about your iPad.
Tap the Settings app on your Home screen.
- Tap General from the list of settings on the left.
- Tap About, the first button at the top of the list of General settings.
- See how many songs, videos, photos, and apps you have.
- See the total capacity of your iPad and the amount of space available.
- The version number tells you which version of the iPad operating system you are running. Check this to make sure you are running the latest version of the iPad OS.
- The model number tells you exactly which iPad you own if you happen to get it serviced or perhaps to report a bug to a third-party app developer.
- The serial number, Wi-Fi address, and Bluetooth address are unique to your iPad. Apple may ask for your serial number if you are sending your iPad in for repairs. The Wi-Fi number is what you need if you are asked for a “MAC address” or “Ethernet address” for your iPad.
- You can change the name of your iPad as it is seen in iTunes and iPhoto when you sync with your computer and various other instances.