Managing Introduction Requests
In addition to requesting your own introductions to others, you might also receive introduction requests. For example, LinkedIn members might ask you to facilitate an introduction to one of your connections or might ask your connection to facilitate an introduction to you.
To review and respond to introduction requests, follow these steps:
- On the global navigation bar, click the Inbox link to open your inbox.
- Click the All Messages link and select Introductions from the drop-down menu. Your inbox displays only your introduction requests.
- To open the request, click the subject line link. Figure 6.8 illustrates a sample introduction request.
Figure 6.8. Forward on an introduction request to one of your connections.
- Click the Forward button to forward the request to your connection.
- Enter any additional comments on the Compose Your Message page and click the Forward Message button.
The target recipient receives your forwarded introduction request and can accept or decline it. Accepting the introduction enables the requestor and target to communicate with each other, but they still need to send an invitation request to become connections.