Creating New Workflows
In a way, the modification of built-in workflows done in the preceding section created new workflows for us. Although that is true and helped identify the common components of a workflow, the process for creating a new workflow is subtly different and generally has the following order of events:
- Determine what the workflow should do.
- Create inputs.
- Create the logical flow in the schema editor.
- Bind input and output parameters.
- Write scripts for scriptable or decision elements.
- Edit the layout of dialogs.
- Validate the workflow.
Other than the order having changed, the organization and editing steps from the edit existing workflow section still apply.