Adding Events to Your Timeline
Facebook makes it easy to add life events to your Timeline. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Click your name on the Facebook navigation bar (at the top of any Facebook page) to open your Profile page.
- Go to the What’s On Your Mind? section at the top of the Timeline, just below the personal information section.
- Click Life Event (see Figure 2).
- When the section expands, click the type of event you wish to add: Work & Education, Family & Relationships, Home & Living, Health & Wellness, or Travel & Experiences.
- Facebook now displays options for the type of event you selected. The options available differ by type of event; select the option that best applies to the event you wish to add, or select Other Life Event to add anything not listed here (see Figure 3).
Figure 2 Adding a life event to your Timeline.
Figure 3 Selecting available options for a new Work & Education event.
Interested in similar articles? You might like these:
- Ten Tips for Sharing Pictures on Facebook
- Understanding Facebook Friends and Followers
- Reading The Facebook News Feed and Ticker
- Getting to Know the New YouTube Interface
Figure 4 Adding information about a new job.
Figure 5 Adding informationand photosfor a new travel event.
Figure 6 Determining who can view a new event.
Alternatively, you can add new life events directly to your Timeline. Just scroll to a specific location on the Timeline and hover your cursor over that point in the middle line; your cursor will turn into a plus (+) sign (see Figure 7). Click the center line and, when the pop-up appears, click Life Event. Continue from this point by selecting the type of event and so forth, as just described.
Figure 7 Adding a new event directly to the Timeline.