- 1. Understand the Difference Between a Google+ Page and a Google+ Profile
- 2. Sign Up with the Right Google Account
- 3. Create a Photo Scrapbook that Promotes Your Brand or Business
- 4. Connect Your Google+ Page with Your Website
- 5. Connect Your Google+ Page with AdWords
- 6. Connect and Communicate with Your Audience
6. Connect and Communicate with Your Audience
After reviewing the Google+ pages of many top brands, I discovered quite a few created pages that are merely placeholders with little active content. This lack of participation gives other companies an open opportunity to start engaging on a platform that isn't yet saturated.
As with any social network, your Google+ page won't generate positive results without a steady stream of interesting, informative content. To maximize the potential of your Google+ page, here are several ideas:
- Share as much public content as possible. Public content is available in Google Search (see Figure 6).Content you share with specific circles is visible only to the people in those circles, not on your public Google+ page nor in Google Search.
- Mix it up. Don't just share text updates and links. Sharing photos and videos can give you increased visibility on Google+.
- Use Hangouts to communicate with your target audience. Many companies are starting to use Hangouts to offer customer support or provide drop-in video chats with their customers.
Figure 6 Your Google+ public content is available in Google Search.