Books, DVDs, and Training Resources
You can spend hundreds of dollars on a new digital camera, computer or tablet, but unless you get the information needed to understand the device, many of its features. Save yourself time and frustration by picking up a book or training DVD to help master your new technology item.
If you’re new to Windows 7, consider one of these ebooks for a great combination of step-by-step instructions, audio coaching, guided video, and web access.
- Using Microsoft Windows Live is provides expert help for Microsoft’s web-enabled suite of free software and services for Windows 7 and Windows Vista (full disclosure: I wrote it).
- Using Microsoft Windows 7 covers the Windows desktop, media playback, Internet Explorer 8, security, networking, Control Panel and other key features.
- Other Using ebooks help users with Microsoft and popular third-party applications, MacOS computers and mobile devices, and popular social media tools such as Google, Facebook, and more.
- If you prefer to give a print book with full-color pages and step-by-step instructions for Windows, mobile devices, or popular programs, take a look at the Easy series (See it done. Do it yourself.) Full disclosure: I wrote Easy Microsoft Windows 7 ).
- Do you prefer DVD-based or downloadable video training? Check out Que’s Live Lessons series, which includes training for Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and digital photography users in its growing list of titles.
- If you now have a new digital SLR camera, you’re likely to find several camera-specific books from a variety of publishers, and if you already have a digital camera (point-and-shoot or digital SLR), my book The Shot Doctor: The Amateur’s Guide to Taking Great Digital Photos provides a highly portable field guide to better photos. Note that many of these titles are also available as ebooks for various platforms.
Or the My... series (full-color step-by-step guides)