- Upgrade Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 5
- Customize Notification Center
- Activate Twitter Integration with iOS 5 Apps
- Customize iCloud-Related Features
- Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
- Activate iCloud Backup
- Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
- Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
- Future iOS Updates
Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
In conjunction with the release of iOS 5, many app developers released updates or new versions of their existing apps. To determine whether any third-party apps that are currently installed on your iPhone or iPad require an update, launch the App Store app and tap the Updates icon that is displayed near the bottom of the screen.
If any of your apps need updating, they will be listed on the Updates screen. Tap the Update All icon that's displayed near the upper-right corner of the screen to begin the update process.
When prompted, enter your Apple ID password. When you tap the OK icon, the apps that need to be updated will automatically download and be installed on your iOS device. It's a good idea to check for new app updates at least once every week or two to ensure you're always running the most current versions of your favorite apps.