- Upgrade Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 5
- Customize Notification Center
- Activate Twitter Integration with iOS 5 Apps
- Customize iCloud-Related Features
- Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
- Activate iCloud Backup
- Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
- Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
- Future iOS Updates
Customize Notification Center
By default, Notification Center automatically and continuously monitors apps that are capable of generating alerts, alarms, or notifications. To avoid cluttering up your device's Notification Center window, or being annoyed by too many unimportant alerts, alarms or notifications, customize this new iOS 5 app using the Settings app.
From the Settings main menu, tap the Notifications option. Then, under the In Notification Center heading, tap one app listing at a time to either keep it from being monitored by Notification Center or to customize how many alerts, alarms, or notifications from that app will be displayed at once.
If you turn off Notification Center functionality for an app, it will then be displayed under the Not In Notification Center heading.