In Account Settings, you control many aspects of your Facebook account (see Figure 1.26): You can select what you want to be shared from your profile and with whom. There are many settings under this area, and you should take some time tweaking these settings to your liking.
- Set your vanity URL (username).
- Specify types of notifications you want to receive and how you want to receive them.
- Edit the level of access apps have to your account, or delete apps.
- Set up mobile messaging.
- Pay for Facebook Credits.
- Control how advertisers can use your profile information.
Figure 1.26 The Account Settings feature allows you to control nearly every aspect of your Facebook account.
The goal of this book is marketing with Facebook and is not meant to be an all encompassing reference to using Facebook. Therefore, we haven’t covered every single feature in Facebook—it is the features described in this chapter that run throughout the entire platform. It is important to understand how this framework contributes to Facebook.