- Five Content-Curation Tools That Maximize Online Marketing and Build Thought Leadership
- Scoop.it Organizes Curated Content into Visual Blocks
- Start a Conversation with Amplify
- Storify Helps You to Tell a Story
- Add Clips to a Blog or Website with Curate.us
- Professional Content Curation with Curata
- Curating Content on Facebook, Google+, and Other Social Sites
- Content Curation Success Tips
Content Curation Success Tips
Content curation isn't difficult, but does require a solid strategy to succeed. Here are five tips for getting the most from your investment in content curation:
- Determine your goals. Are you using content curation to drive traffic, generate brand awareness, promote your own content, or establish yourself as a thought leader? Let your goals drive your content curation strategy and the content you choose to curate.
- Select the right tools. You have numerous choices for how you curate content. You can curate on your own website, on a social site such as Facebook or Google+, or on a special site dedicated to content curation. Analyze all the options and select the one that best suits your needs, skills, and budget. For example, some content curation tools are better for thought leadership; others are more suited for driving website traffic.
- Curate selectively. Selecting only the best content about your topic is a much better strategy than sharing everything you can find. Curated content is a form of recommendation. Filtering and curating "the best of the best" is the ideal way to develop a following and encourage people to continue viewing your curated content.
- Curate more than just your own content. Even if your goal is to generate publicity for your own content, you shouldn't create a page that includes only that content. Instead, curate from a variety of sources including news articles, blog posts, videos, and so forth.
- Get opinionated. Adding your own analysis and insights into the content you curate is what drives thought leadership. As a thought leader, you're viewed as an expert and are more likely to receive offers to speak, consult, and contribute to quality publications.
Content curation offers a simple, often inexpensive way to drive traffic, promote your brand, and position yourself as a thought leader. With many tools and price plans available (most free), there is a content curation solution for every budget and business need.
Patrice-Anne Rutledge is a business technology author and consultant who specializes in social media, online applications, and small business technology. Some of her recent books include Sams Teach Yourself Google+ in 10 Minutes; Sams Teach Yourself LinkedIn in 10 Minutes, Second Edition; Using Facebook; and The Truth About Profiting from Social Networking. Learn more about Patrice's books and other projects at http://www.patricerutledge.com.