- Key #1: Your App Must Be Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master
- Key #2: Your App Must be 20MB or Smaller
- Key #3: Your App Must Have Broad Demographic Appeal
- Key #4: Your App Must Have Great Graphics, Music, and Sounds
- Key #5: Your App Must Get Top Rated Reviews!
Key #4: Your App Must Have Great Graphics, Music, and Sounds
Building an app that has great sound, graphics, and music can be quite challenging. Not every developer has the skillset to tackle all these aspects, and you may have to outsource some of them to a person that is skilled in that area. This is where costs really can start to escalate for the independent developer.
Andreas Illiger, the creator of Tiny Wings, did most of the graphics, sounds, and music himself, which is quite rare and quite a difficult feat. But if you have the ability, by all means keep your costs down by doing it yourself.
Beyond just having the ability to do these portions of the app, you must also blend them successfully and make them flow. The Tiny Wings app does a beautiful job of blending the background sound with constantly changing scenery and the intermittent chirping of the bird and its "whee" sound as it flies from island to island.