- Back to the Future (Adventure)
- Carcasonne, Ticket to Ride, Neuroshima Hex (Board Games)
- Avadon: The Black Fortress (Role Playing)
- Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (Adventure)
- Infinity Blade (Action)
- World of Goo (Puzzle)
- Super Stickman Golf (Sports)
- Hunters: Episode One HD (Strategy)
- Sid Meier's Pirates! (Action Adventure)
Avadon: The Black Fortress (Role Playing)
For role playing fans who grew up playing Interplay's Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape), playing Avadon on the iPad is a dream come true. Avadon is a turn-based role playing game that casts you as a Hand of Avadon, a police officer of sorts tasked with protecting The Pact, an agreement between five rival nations that provides peace and prosperity for all of those involved, provided the participants toe the line.
Figure 5 Avadon brings classic computer RPG gameplay to the iPad.
The game is easily one of the most expensive games in the App Store, weighing in at $10. However, when you consider that it is almost identical to the version of the game released for the Mac and PC for $25, that number looks more and more like a bargain.
The game has a long main quest with plenty of side quests, four different companions, each with their own character class, skill tree, and specific side quests[md]as well as several difficulty levels to choose from should you want more of a challenge.