- 1. Create Content that Attracts Your Target Audience
- 2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
- 3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
- 4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
- 5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
- 6. Use Facebook as a Page
- 7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
By default, Facebook displays your Wall when people visit your page. Although this could be sufficient for some businesses, directing visitors to a custom Welcome tab can encourage more people to like your page.
A popular use of this tab is to offer some incentive for clicking the Like button, such as access to a free report or video, a coupon, or other valuable content. You do this by creating a reveal tab (also called a fan gate) that contains your special fan-only content. Figure 3 shows a sample Welcome tab with an incentive.
Figure 3 A colorful, engaging Welcome tab with a strong incentive encourages visitors to like your page.
Although creating a custom tab such as a Welcome tab requires knowledge of iframe, several apps make this an easy process for those who aren't technically savvy. These include