- 1. Use LinkedIn Sections to Draw Attention to Your Skills and Accomplishments
- 2. Create a Quick Resume from Your LinkedIn Profile with Resume Builder
- 3. Gather More Company Intelligence with the Enhanced LinkedIn Company Search
- 4. Find Connections at Top Companies with the Company Insider Widget
- 5. Check Out the New Jobs Tab for Your Favorite Groups
- 6. Visit LinkedIn's Job Portal for Students and Recent Graduates
2. Create a Quick Resume from Your LinkedIn Profile with Resume Builder
LinkedIn's Resume Builder is a tool that takes the content from your LinkedIn profile and automatically formats it as a professionally-designed resume.
To get started with Resume Builder, go to the Resume Builder site (http://resume.linkedinlabs.com) and sign in with your LinkedIn username and password to grant Resume Builder access to your profile data. After granting access, Resume Builder formats your profile data as a resume (see Figure 3).
Figure 3 Create an instant resume with LinkedIn Resume Builder.
You can keep the default template, Classic, or choose from one of several other options such as Executive, Slice (includes a photo), or Blue. To preview other templates, click the associated button on the left side of the page.
The toolbar at the top of the page offers several options:
- OutlineRearrange the sections of your resume in outline mode.
- Edit ProfileEdit your LinkedIn profile content in a new window.
- RefreshRefresh your resume with your latest profile changes.
- PrivacyControl who can view your resume: anyone on the web, anyone who receives a link from you, or only you.
- ShareShare your resume via email, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Be sure to consider privacy issues before sharing your resume on a public site, however.
- PreviewPreview how your resume will appear to those with whom you share it.
- PDF/PrintSave your resume as a PDF and, optionally, print it.
After creating a resume, you can return to it later to make updates or delete it.