- Change or Become Irrelevant
- Build a Story that Lasts
- Perception Is Everything
- The Power of Keeping Promises
- It's Not What You Know. It's Who You Know.
- Screw Mediocrity
- Enhance Offline Relations with Technology
- Break All the Rules
- Be Passionate About the Work You Do
- Allow Others to Tell the Story for You
5. It's Not What You Know. It's Who You Know.
People tend to wince at this rule.
"What do you mean? The $100,000 I spent on college doesn't matter?"
That is not necessarily true. It all depends on your line of work. However, the case can be made that no matter the industry or profession, your personal network may be more important than what you know.
If you are starting a small business or building a personal brand as an author, this is the case 100 percent of the time. Your network, the people you know and who support your brand, are extremely important when building a powerful personal brand.