- Introduction to UNIX Users and Groups
- The Users and Groups Module
- Creating a New User
- Editing an Existing User
- Deleting a User
- Creating a New Group
- Editing an Existing Group
- Deleting a Group
- Viewing Recent and Current Logins
- Reading Users' Email
- Creating Users from Batch Files
- Configuring the Users and Groups Module
- Before and After Commands
- Module Access Control
- Other Operating Systems
4.8 Deleting a Group
You can safely delete a group at any time, but Webmin will only let you do so if there are no users who have selected it as their primary group. To delete, follow these steps:
Click on the name of the group you want to delete from the list of existing groups. This will bring up the group editing form as shown in Figure 4.7.
Click the Delete button at the bottom of the page. A page asking if you really want to delete the group will appear.
Click the Delete Group button to confirm the deletion. A page showing the progress of the deletion will be displayed.