- A General System
- Detail Complexity Versus Systems Complexity
- Throughput Accounting for General Systems
- A System of Software Development
- A More Complex Software Development System
- The System Goal
- Financial Metrics for General Business Systems
- Financial Metrics for Software Development Systems
- Predicting the Future
- Framing the Problem
- Understanding Software Production in the Value Chain
- Throughput Accounting Versus Cost Accounting
A System of Software Development
Figure 2-5 shows a basic system mapping for the process of software development. This example shows how a single idea is transformed in the system into functional code. Anyone who develops software for a living will recognize that this is probably too simple a model to be useful. Software development is a complex adaptive system with many feedback loops.
Figure 2-5. Software development system.