Checking System Info and Managing Disks
When troubleshooting or repairing, you may need to reference system specs or make modifications to disks. Here are some tools that can help:
- System Information for Windows: Displays an abundant amount of information about Windows and the system.
- Crucial Memory Advisor: Tells you how much memory is installed per slot and the compatible RAM type you can install.
- Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder: Shows product keys of Windows Vista and earlier, Microsoft Office 2007 or earlier, and 300+ other applications.
- GParted Live: A bootable CD/USB/PXE/HD distribution that gives you a graphical partition editor.
- SoftPerfect File Recovery: A simple utility that can search for deleted files and attempt to recover them.
- EASEUS Disk Copy: A disk/partition clone utility that can 100 percent copy or clone a drive or partition for backup or upgrade reasons.
- DiskCryptor: Encryption solution that can encrypt all disk partitions, including the system partition without formatting.