Distributing Your Press Releases Online
How do you distribute your digital press releases? It’s a two-pronged effort.
First, you should distribute your releases directly to those website and blog contacts you've targeted or with whom you've established a prior relationship. But you should supplement this effort with the use of an online press release distribution service to get even wider distribution of your message.
These distribution services post press releases from a variety of sources across a large number of industries. By posting releases on their sites, they make the press releases searchable by Google and other search engines. Most distribution services also distribute your press releases directly to appropriate online and offline media outlets. They'll also send your releases to other outlets you specify.
In addition, some of these services will work with you to make your press releases more effective, particularly in the area of SEO. Some will even host photos and other accompanying media if you need that.
The major online press release distribution services include
- Business Wire (http://www.businesswire.com)
- CisionWire (http://www.cision.com)
- Free Press Release (http://www.free-press-release.com)
- i-Newswire (http://www.i-newswire.com)
- Marketwire (http://www.marketwire.com)
- Online PR News (http://www.onlineprnews.com)
- PR Leap (http://www.prleap.com)
- PR Log (http://www.prlog.org)
- PR Newswire (http://www.prnewswire.com)
- PR.com (http://www.pr.com)
- PRWeb (http://www.prweb.com)
- SEO Press Releases (http://www.seopressreleases.com)
- Wired PR News (http://www.wiredprnews.com)
The big dogs here are Business Wire and PR Newswire, along with Business Web, CisionWire, Marketwire, and PRWeb. While many of the other services are free, these are notbut then again, they have a broader reach. You should obviously do your homework before you sign up.