- 1. Windows Live SkyDrive (Online Collaboration and File-Sharing)?
- 2. Basecamp (Collaborative Project Management)
- 3. Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (Enterprise Collaboration)
- 4. Campfire (Group Chat)
- 5. Wikispaces (Wiki)
- 6. Yammer (Enterprise Social Network)
- 7. WebEx (Online Meetings and Video Conferencing)
- 8. MindMeister (Mind Mapping)
- 9. Twiddla (Collaborative Whiteboard)
- 10. Octopz (Digital Media Collaboration)
6. Yammer (Enterprise Social Network)
Ever want to communicate privately with a group of colleagues with Twitter-like ease? Consider Yammer, which offers enterprise microblogging and social networking. Figure 3 shows a sample user profile in Yammer.
Figure 3 Create a user profile and start connecting with your colleagues.
Yammer offers three plans: a free plan with basic microblogging and file-sharing capabilities; the Silver plan ($3 per user per month) with custom branding and broadcast messaging; and the Gold plan ($5 per user per month with volume discounts) that offers multiple domains, SharePoint integration, plus all the features of the Silver plan. For employees on the go, download Yammer's free iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Windows Mobile applications.