- 1. Windows Live SkyDrive (Online Collaboration and File-Sharing)?
- 2. Basecamp (Collaborative Project Management)
- 3. Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (Enterprise Collaboration)
- 4. Campfire (Group Chat)
- 5. Wikispaces (Wiki)
- 6. Yammer (Enterprise Social Network)
- 7. WebEx (Online Meetings and Video Conferencing)
- 8. MindMeister (Mind Mapping)
- 9. Twiddla (Collaborative Whiteboard)
- 10. Octopz (Digital Media Collaboration)
2. Basecamp (Collaborative Project Management)
Basecamp is an online project management solution that emphasizes collaboration and communication over a reliance on traditional project charts, graphs, and statistics. With Basecamp, you can collaboratively manage multiple projects and people, manage to-do lists and project milestones, upload and share project files, share messages with project team members, collaborate on a whiteboard, access project data on your mobile device, and more. Figure 2 shows the Basecamp Milestones tab.
Figure 2 View milestones in Basecamp.
Basecamp is scalable to suit organizations of any size, with a variety of plans ranging from the Max plan offering unlimited projects and users for $149 per month to a free plan supporting one project with no file sharing. All paid plans offer a free 30-day trial.
Basecamp is one of a suite of applications developed by 37signals and integrates well with these other apps, including Highrise (contact management), Backpack (information organizing and sharing), and Campfire (group chat).