- Add the Wow Factor to Your Presentations with New Video-Editing Tools
- Create High-Definition Videos from Your PowerPoint Presentations
- Broadcast Your Video Live, Online
- Take Screenshots Directly from PowerPoint
- Access PowerPoint 2010 from the Web
- Access PowerPoint on the Go with Microsoft PowerPoint Mobile 2010
- Collaborate with Colleagues in Real-Time
Create High-Definition Videos from Your PowerPoint Presentations
PowerPoint 2010 introduces the capability to create a full-fidelity video from your PowerPoint presentation. You can distribute your video on the web; on a mobile device; or through more traditional methods, such as on a DVD or through email.
Before creating your video, decide what format you want to use and verify that your slide content will work with this format. For example, if you want to run your video on mobile devices, using small text isn't a viable option. In addition, you need to create any timings or narration before creating your video.
PowerPoint creates videos in Window Media Video (.wmv) format. Videos include all slide content except media you inserted in a previous version of PowerPoint (insert them in PowerPoint 2010 to include them), macros, and OLE/ActiveX controls.
Figure 2 shows the options available for creating videos.
Figure 2 PowerPoint 2010 enables you to create videos from your presentations.
After you create your video, you can
- Play it on your computer by going to its folder location and double-clicking it.
- Upload your video to your website, blog, or a video-sharing site such as YouTube.
- Burn your video to a DVD using DVD burning software, such as Windows DVD Maker, included with many versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Save to a shared site such as SharePoint, SkyDrive, or Microsoft Office Live.
- Send to others via email.