- Gift Ideas
- Creating Other Types of Photo Gifts
- Choosing the Best Photos and Videos
- Converting Older Formats into Digital Formats
- Fixing Problems with Your Photos
- Saving Photos in the Right Format and Size
- Creating a CD of Your Photos
- Creating a Video DVD of Your Photos or Videos
- Creating a Photo Book
Saving Photos in the Right Format and Size
Whether you are planning to create your own photo gift or upload your photos to a commercial service, you need to save your photos into JPEG (.jpg) format. Save them in maximum quality for best image quality.
If you are ordering prints, be sure to crop your photos yourself and save them under new file names so the originals are preserved. You can crop your photos with virtually any image editing program, and by doing so, you can select the most important part of each photo and decide which parts of the photo can be safely omitted (see Figure 6).
Figure 6 Using Windows Live Photo Gallery to correct exposure and crop a photo for a 4x6 print.