- Rotating Images
- Flipping Images
- Rating Images
- Flagging Images
- Rejecting Images
- Applying Color Labels
- Creating a Custom Color Label Set
- Applying Ratings, Flags, and Labels with the Painter Tool
- Sorting Images
- Changing Sort Direction
- Grouping Photos into Stacks
- Promoting a Photo to the Top of the Stack
- Removing Photos from a Stack
- Unstacking Photos
- Removing Photos
- Deleting Photos
In Lightroom, image stacks are extremely flexible and are never permanent. You can release a stacked group of images at any time by selecting it from the Library Grid and applying the Unstack command.
Release a stacked group
- Select the stack from the Library Grid. It does not matter if it is expanded or collapsed.
- Choose Photo > Stacking > Unstack. You can also Control+click (Mac) or right+click (Win) and select Stacking > Unstack from the contextual menu.
The stack is released and the image thumbnails are no longer grouped together.