- Rotating Images
- Flipping Images
- Rating Images
- Flagging Images
- Rejecting Images
- Applying Color Labels
- Creating a Custom Color Label Set
- Applying Ratings, Flags, and Labels with the Painter Tool
- Sorting Images
- Changing Sort Direction
- Grouping Photos into Stacks
- Promoting a Photo to the Top of the Stack
- Removing Photos from a Stack
- Unstacking Photos
- Removing Photos
- Deleting Photos
Promoting a Photo to the Top of the Stack
When you group a related series of photos into a stack, only one image remains visible when the stack is collapsed. By default, the first image selected is automatically positioned at the top when you create the stack. However, you can choose a different image from within the stack to represent the group at any time.
Select an image to represent the stacked group
- Select the stack from the Grid. To expand the stack, click the left or right edge of the topmost thumbnail, or choose Photo > Stacking > Expand Stack. You can also right+click (Win) or Control+click (Mac) and select Stacking > Expand Stack from the contextual menu.
- Select the image in the stack that you would like to promote to the top.
- Choose Photo > Stacking > Move to Top of Stack. You can also Control+click (Mac) or right+click (Win) and select Stacking > Move to Top of Stack from the contextual menu.
The image thumbnail is displayed at the top of the stack and remains visible even when the stack is collapsed.