- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
With SmartArt graphic layouts (New!), you can insert pictures in the SmartArt shapes. In addition to the pictures, you can also add descriptive text using the Text pane or shape itself. The process is very simple. Insert a SmartArt picture layout, insert pictures, and then add descriptive text. If you already have pictures in your document, you can convert them to a SmartArt graphic.
Add a SmartArt Graphic to a Picture
- Use either of the following to add pictures to a SmartArt graphic:
Create New. Click the Insert tab, click the SmartArt button, click Picture, click a layout, and then click OK.
Convert Picture. Select a picture, click the Format tab under Picture Tools, click the Picture Layout button, and then select a layout.
- To add a shape, click the Design tab under SmartArt Tools, click the Add Shape button arrow, and then select the type of shape you want to add.
- To add a picture, double-click a graphic placeholder, select a picture file, and then click Insert.
- Label the shapes by doing one of the following:
- Type text in the [Text] box.
- Click a shape, and then type text directly into the shape.