- Locating and Inserting Clip Art
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Labels
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Saving a Chart Template
Removing a Picture Background
Sometimes you want to use an element from a picture instead of the entire picture. With the Remove Background command (New!), you can specify the element you want in a picture, and then remove the background. You can use automatic background removal or you can manually draw lines to specify which parts of the picture background you want to keep and which to remove.
Remove a Picture Background
- Click the picture you want to change.
- Click the Format tab under Picture Tools.
- Click the Remove Background button.
- Drag the handles on the marquee lines to specify the part of the picture you want to keep. The area outside the marquee gets removed.
- To manually specify which areas to keep and which areas to remove, do the following:
Mark Areas to Keep. Click the button, and then draw lines to specify which parts of the picture you do not want automatically removed.
Mark Areas to Remove. Click the button, and then draw lines to specify which parts of the picture you do want removed in addition to those automatically marked.
Delete Mark. Click the button, and then click marked lines to remove them.
- Click the Keep Changes button to close and keep the removal or click the Discard All Changes button to close and cancel the automatic removal.