- Service Provider Voice Implementation Models
- Residential Applications: Voice over Broadband
- Small/Medium Business Applications (Voice over T1/E1/PRI/CAS)
- IP Trunks
- Session Border Controller (SBC) Models
- Voice Security in Service Provider Networks
- Common Issues and Problems When Deploying IP-Based Telephony Services
This chapter described some of the common SP voice deployment models that are deployed by major SPs in the United States and around the world. These networks are evolving, and a mind-set needs to be created for identifying a key performance indicator (KPI) across these networks. Thinking at the protocol layers and identifying network elements that can be collection points for these protocols are the key. After these KPIs are identified, monitoring them through a series of dashboards allows the SP to effectively manage its services.