- Making Your Presentation Look Consistent
- Viewing Masters
- Controlling Slide Appearance with Masters
- Controlling a Slide Layout with Masters
- Modifying Placeholders
- Controlling a Slide Background with Masters
- Adding a Header and Footer
- Inserting Slide Numbers
- Inserting the Date and Time
- Understanding Color Themes
- Viewing and Applying a Theme
- Creating a Color Theme
- Choosing Theme Fonts
- Choosing Theme Effects
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Adding Colors to a Presentation
- Adding a Background Style
- Modifying a Background Style
- Saving a Template
Adding a Background Style
In PowerPoint, you can add a background style to your presentation. A background style is a background fill made up of different combinations of theme colors. When you change a presentation theme, the background styles change to reflect the new theme colors and backgrounds. To quickly see if you like a background style, you can point to one in the Background Styles gallery to display a live preview of it with the current slide. If you like it, you can apply it.
Add a Background Style
- Click the Design tab to change the background of the selected slide, or click the View tab, and then click the Slide Master View tab to change the background of the selected slide master or slide layout.
- Click the Background Styles button.
The current style appears highlighted in the gallery.
- Point to a style.
A live preview of the style appears in the current slide, and a ScreenTip with the style name.
- Click the style you want from the gallery to apply it to the selected slide, slide master (and all its slides), or slide
- To apply the style to matching slides, all slides, selected slides, or slide master, right-click the style from the gallery, and then click the option you want.