- Making Your Presentation Look Consistent
- Viewing Masters
- Controlling Slide Appearance with Masters
- Controlling a Slide Layout with Masters
- Modifying Placeholders
- Controlling a Slide Background with Masters
- Adding a Header and Footer
- Inserting Slide Numbers
- Inserting the Date and Time
- Understanding Color Themes
- Viewing and Applying a Theme
- Creating a Color Theme
- Choosing Theme Fonts
- Choosing Theme Effects
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Adding Colors to a Presentation
- Adding a Background Style
- Modifying a Background Style
- Saving a Template
Creating a Custom Theme
If you have special needs for specific colors, fonts, and effects, such as a company sales or marketing presentation, you can create your own theme by customizing theme colors, theme fonts, and theme effects, and saving them as a theme file (.thmx), which you can reuse. You can apply the saved theme to other presentations and slides. When you save a custom theme, the file is automatically saved in the Document Themes folder and added to the list of custom themes used by PowerPoint and other Office programs. When you no longer need a custom theme, you can delete it.
Create a Custom Theme
- Click the Design tab, and then create a theme by customizing theme colors, theme fonts, and theme effects.
- Click the More list arrow in the Themes gallery, and then click Save Current Theme.
The Save Current Theme dialog box opens, displaying the Document Themes folder, which is the default for Office programs.
- Type a name for the theme file.
- Click Save.
Choose a Custom Theme
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the scroll up or down arrow, or click the More list arrow in the Themes gallery to see additional themes.
- To display only the custom themes on the gallery, click the title bar for the gallery, and then click Custom.
- Point to the gallery you want to display the theme name, and then click the one you want.
Apply a Custom Theme From a File
- Select the slide with the slide master you want to change.
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the More list arrow in the Themes gallery, and then click Browse for Themes.
- If you want to open a specific file type, click the Files of type list arrow, and then click a file type.
- Office Themes and Themed Documents.
- Office Themes.
- Office Themes and PowerPoint Templates.
- If the file is located in another folder, click the Look in list arrow, and then navigate to the file.
- Click the theme file you want.
- Click Apply.