- Making Your Presentation Look Consistent
- Viewing Masters
- Controlling Slide Appearance with Masters
- Controlling a Slide Layout with Masters
- Modifying Placeholders
- Controlling a Slide Background with Masters
- Adding a Header and Footer
- Inserting Slide Numbers
- Inserting the Date and Time
- Understanding Color Themes
- Viewing and Applying a Theme
- Creating a Color Theme
- Choosing Theme Fonts
- Choosing Theme Effects
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Adding Colors to a Presentation
- Adding a Background Style
- Modifying a Background Style
- Saving a Template
Choosing Theme Effects
A presentation theme consists of theme colors, fonts, and effects. Theme effects are sets of lines, fills, and special effects styles for shapes, graphics, charts, SmartArt, and other design elements. By combining the lines, fills, and special effects styles with different formatting levels (subtle, moderate, and intense), PowerPoint provides a variety of visual theme effects. Each presentation uses a set of theme effects. Some are more basic while others are more elaborate. When you click the Theme Effects button on the Design tab, the name of the current theme effects appears highlighted in the gallery menu. While you can apply a set of theme effects to another theme, you cannot create your own set of theme effects at this time.
View and Apply Theme Effects
- Select the slide with the slide master you want to change.
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the Theme Effects button.
The current theme effects appear highlighted in the menu.
TIMESAVER Point to the Effects button to display a ScreenTip with the current theme effects name.
- Click the theme effects you want from the menu.
- To apply the theme effects to matching slides or all slides, right-click the theme effects name on the menu, and then click the option you want.