- Making Your Presentation Look Consistent
- Viewing Masters
- Controlling Slide Appearance with Masters
- Controlling a Slide Layout with Masters
- Modifying Placeholders
- Controlling a Slide Background with Masters
- Adding a Header and Footer
- Inserting Slide Numbers
- Inserting the Date and Time
- Understanding Color Themes
- Viewing and Applying a Theme
- Creating a Color Theme
- Choosing Theme Fonts
- Choosing Theme Effects
- Creating a Custom Theme
- Adding Colors to a Presentation
- Adding a Background Style
- Modifying a Background Style
- Saving a Template
Viewing and Applying a Theme
A presentation theme consists of theme colors, fonts, and effects. You can quickly format an entire presentation with a professional look by applying a theme. Office comes with more themes and styles (New!). To quickly see if you like a theme, point to one on the Design tab to display a ScreenTip with name and information about it, and a live preview of it in the current slide. If you like it, you can apply it. When you apply a theme, the background, text, graphics, charts, and tables all change to reflect the theme. You can apply a theme to a matching slide, selected slides or all slides in a presentation. You can choose from one or more standard themes. When you add new content, the slide elements change to match the theme ensuring all of your material will look consistent. You can even use the same theme in other Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel, so all your work matches. Can’t find a theme you like? Search Microsoft Office.com on the Web.
View and Apply a Theme
- Select the slide with the slide master you want to change.
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the scroll up or down arrow, or click the More list arrow in the Themes gallery to see additional themes.
The current theme appears highlighted in the gallery.
- Point to a theme.
A live preview of the theme appears in the current slide, and a ScreenTip with the theme name and how many slides use it.
- Click the theme you want from the gallery to apply it to the selected slide master (and all its slides).
- To apply the theme to matching slides, all slides, or selected slides, right-click the theme from the gallery, and then click the option you want.
- To set a theme as default, right-click the theme you want from the gallery, and then click Set as Default Theme.
Apply the Theme of One Slide to Another
- Click the Normal View or Slide Sorter View button.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the slide with the color theme you want to apply.
- Click the Format Painter button on the Home tab to apply the color theme to one slide, or double-click the button to apply the color theme to multiple slides.
- Click the slides to which you want to apply the color theme. The slides can be in the current presentation or in another open presentation.
- If you are applying the theme to more than one slide, press Esc to cancel the Format Painter. If you are applying the theme to only one slide, the Format Painter is canceled automatically.