- Entering Data and Making Changes
- Entering Data
- Editing and Deleting Existing Data
- Zooming Into Your Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Copying and Pasting Data
- Freezing Rows and Columns
- Splitting a Worksheet
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Applying a Data Filter
- Sorting Data
- Adding and Managing Cell Comments
The quickest and easiest way to get data into Excel is to enter the data via the keyboard. You can enter data into a blank worksheet or add data to an existing worksheet. For example, you can enter in the word fruits in cell A2 and press the Enter key.
Click the cell you want to edit, making it active.
Enter some data (in this case, Fruits) in the cell. As you type, the data will also show in the Edit bar.
Press the Enter key when your edit has been made. Excel makes the cell below (the one you just edited) the active cell.
Enter some data into a few different cells, pressing the arrow keys to move around.