Sending All Calls to Voicemail
As you learned in Lesson 4, "Answering a Call," you can send all calls directly to voicemail when you need a little peace and quiet. That lesson showed you how to turn on the Google Voice Do Not Disturb setting from the website. If you're not connected to the Internet, though, you can also turn on Do Not Disturb from any phone:
- Call your Google Voice number.
- Press *. Google Voice responds with a beep prompt.
- Enter your PIN. You hear the Google Voice phone menu.
- Press 4 to access the main settings menu.
- Press 4 again to access the temporary settings menu.
- Press 1 to activate Do Not Disturb.
- Press 1 to confirm your selection.
- Hang up. Now, all incoming calls will go directly to voicemail, without ringing your phone.
The Do Not Disturb setting toggles on and off, so follow the same directions to turn it off again.