- Preparing for Photo Organization
- Using Tags and Ratings to Organize Your Collection
- Specifying Folder Names During Import
- Tagging Your Photos During Import
- Tagging Photos After Import in Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Tagging Photos After Import in Picasa
- Tagging Photos After Import in Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Deciding What to Do with Less-Than-Perfect Photos
Tagging Photos After Import in Picasa
To use tags in Picasa, click the Tags button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to open the Tags dialog. Type in text for each tag you want to use and click the Plus (+) sign. The tags applied to each photo are listed below the tag entry box (Figure 9).
Figure 9 Creating a tag in Picasa.
The Quick Tags dialog enables you to apply tags with a single click. Enter the tag text you want to use in each box or click the Autofill button (which picks up existing tags) and click OK (Figure 10).
Figure 10 Picasa’s Quick Tags dialog.
- To apply a tag to a group of photos, select the photos and enter the tag name (Picasa shows matching tags as you type) or click the appropriate QuickTag box.
- To view only files that match a tag, enter the tag into the search box at the top of the Picasa dialog (Figure 11). Click Back to View All to see all of your photos.
Figure 11 Using Picasa’s search tool to find photos matching a tag.