- Understanding HTML
- Using the Reference Panel
- Using Code View
- Using Code Live View
- Setting Code View Options
- Entering HTML Code
- Using Code Hints
- Working with HTML Head Tags
- Inserting HTML Comments
- Using the Coding Toolbar
- Using Quick Tag Editor
- Using the Tag Inspector
- Using the Tag Chooser
- Opening Related Files
- Navigating to Related Code
- Setting Site Specific Code Hints
- Setting Code Hint Preferences
- Setting Code Format Preferences
- Setting Code Rewriting Preferences
- Setting Code Color Preferences
Using Code Live View
As you work in Live view, you can also view live code. Similar to Live view, Live Code view is a non-editable view. Live code view appears displaying the code that the browser uses to execute the page. The non-editable code is highlighted in yellow. If you want to edit the code, all you need to do is return to Live view, and then switch to Code view, which is editable. After making your code changes, you can return to Live view and then refresh it to see your changes.
Access Live Code View
- Open the Web page you want to view.
- Switch to Design view or Code and Design view.
- Click the Live View button.
- To go to Live Code view, click the Live Code button.
Live code view appears displaying the code that the browser uses to execute the page. The non-editable code is highlighted in yellow.
- To return back to Live view, click the Live Code button again.
- To return back to Design view, click the Live View button again.