- Understanding HTML
- Using the Reference Panel
- Using Code View
- Using Code Live View
- Setting Code View Options
- Entering HTML Code
- Using Code Hints
- Working with HTML Head Tags
- Inserting HTML Comments
- Using the Coding Toolbar
- Using Quick Tag Editor
- Using the Tag Inspector
- Using the Tag Chooser
- Opening Related Files
- Navigating to Related Code
- Setting Site Specific Code Hints
- Setting Code Hint Preferences
- Setting Code Format Preferences
- Setting Code Rewriting Preferences
- Setting Code Color Preferences
Using the Tag Inspector
Dreamweaver’s Tag Inspector gives you control over your code by displaying a collapsible outline of the tags used on the current page. This feature allow you to quickly determine if tags are correctly nested, and to view and change tag attributes. For example, you may want to change the attributes of the <body> tag, or change the overall color and size of the default font; both these and many more options are available using the Tag Inspector. When selected, the Tag Inspector displays a collapsible structure of all the attributes within the selected Web element. This view gives you an overall view of the code and how it’s laid out. When you select a tag, all the attributes for that tag are displayed for you to view and edit.
Access the Tag Inspector
- Open the Web page you want to view in the Tag Inspector.
- Make a selection using one of the following methods:
Code View. Select a specific HTML tag or section of text.
Split View. Select a HTML tag in the Code pane or select an object in the Design pane.
Design View. Select an object in the window, or create a selection of text.
- Click the Window menu, and then click Tag Inspector to display the Tag Inspector.
- Select from the following views:
Category View. Displays a list of general categories within collapsible headings. Click the plus (+) or minus (-) sign icon to display all available attributes.
List View. Displays a list of all available attributes for the selected Web element.
- Select the attribute that you want to add or modify, and enter the correct value in the input field.
- Press the Enter key to record your changes.