This chapter is from the book
- http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7420—An article by a Windows NT user who, when experimenting with Linux, blithely confesses to rebooting the system after not knowing how to read a text file at the Linux console.
- http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/posix/—IEEE's POSIX information page.
- http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2362/lw-01-government/#sidebar—Discussion of Linux and POSIX compliance.
- http://www.pathname.com/fhs/—Home page for the Linux FHS, Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.
- http://www.tldp.org/—Browse the HOWTO section to find and read The Linux Keyboard and Console HOWTO—Andries Brouwer's somewhat dated but eminently useful guide to using the Linux keyboard and console.
- http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html—Home page for the FSF's GNU emacs editing environment; you can find additional documentation and links to the source code for the latest version here.
- http://www.vim.org/—Home page for the vim (vi clone) editor included with Linux distributions. Check here for updates, bug fixes, and news about this editor.
- http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/—Home page for the sudo command. Check here for the latest updates, security features, and bug fixes.