- Requirements for a Homegroup
- Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
- Creating a Homegroup
- Adding Computers to a Homegroup
- Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
- Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
- Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
- Changing Homegroup Settings
- Leaving the Homegroup
- Diagnosing Homegroup Problems
Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
To use any Windows-logoed printer shared with a homegroup, open the Print menu for your application, select the printer (it's identified as a network printer), and use it (Figure 17).
Figure 17 Preparing to print a photo to a homegroup-shared printer with Windows 7's photo printing wizard.
To manage a printer you access through a homegroup, open the Control Panel, click Devices and Printers, and double-click the printer (Figure 18). A printer shared through a homegroup (or through normal networking) is listed by printer type and the PC hosting it.
Figure 18 Preparing to manage a printer through a homegroup connection.