- Requirements for a Homegroup
- Preparing to Set Up a Homegroup
- Creating a Homegroup
- Adding Computers to a Homegroup
- Accessing Homegroup-Shared Libraries
- Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
- Using Homegroup-Shared Printers
- Changing Homegroup Settings
- Leaving the Homegroup
- Diagnosing Homegroup Problems
Changing Homegroup Sharing Settings
By default, the contents of folders shared with a homegroup cannot be changed by other homegroup users (Figure 14).
Figure 14 Homegroup sharing prevents a file from being edited by other homegroup members.
However, you can enable other homegroup users to have read/write access to files in a particular folder. To enable the contents of a folder to be changed:
- Open the folder.
- Click Share With.
- Select Homegroup (Read/Write) from the menu (Figure 15).
Figure 15 Enabling contents of the current folder to be editable by other members of the homegroup.
Once this setting has been changed, homegroup members can change shared files (Figure 16).